Help The Sanctuary with one of our largest ongoing operating costs! Each of The Sanctuary's resident elephants consumes approximately 150 lbs. of food every day. While the elephants forage and graze naturally in the habitat, The Sanctuary staff must also provide additional food and supplements to meet the aging elephants’ nutritional and medical needs.
Gifts of any amount to Feed An Elephant are much appreciated. You can help us offset the recurring expense of hay, fresh produce and other treats provided to these majestic creatures. When you donate $50 or more, you are covering the costs of an entire day’s food for one elephant!
Donations at the $50+ level receive:
- a photo card with information about elephant diets
- *NEW* a seasonal “ele-inspired” recipe card, plus access to more plant-based recipes online
- monthly EleNews email updates, including invitations to special events
- a one-year subscription to The Elephant Sanctuary’s triannual newsletter, Trunklines
- eligibility to apply for a Volunteer Day at The Elephant Sanctuary (read more here)
Dedicating your donation is a great way to recognize a special friend or family member. If you choose to make a gift In Memory, In Honor, or for a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday, the individual or family you designate will receive a certificate informing them a gift has been made in the designee’s name. If the recipient is new to The Elephant Sanctuary, they will also receive the latest copy of Trunklines.